Heather Buchanan is an experienced consultant. A storyteller and scholar, Buchanan’s expertly crafted technique integrates psychological dimensions of storytelling with the eternal Hero’s Journey. A publisher for 20+ years, Buchanan produces bestselling authors and translates those elements of success into script development. Buchanan works with writers, directors, producers and studios from idea to finished product ready for the screen.
Turn your book into a great movie or TV series! Register for an Adaptation Assessment to receive feedback and recommendations.
Winter 2019 Special (Writers Only)
$49, Regular $99 (compare at $450)
Open to authors with published books. I will evaluate your book and provide a one-page written assessment. Please submit a pdf or ebook (if you prefer to mail a hardcopy, ship to our address below). If I feel strongly that an adaptation is possible, I will email you a quote for the full Adaptation Service (Note: Author must provide proof of copyright registration).
Writers with unpublished manuscripts are welcome to submit to our Book-to-Screen Program at no charge, please fill out the form below.
Script Doctor (Writers, Directors, Producers and Studios Only)
Rewrite and polish services for writers, directors, producers and studios, including implementation of studio reader and producer’s notes. Contact email@example.com for a custom quote.
“Rewrite” vs. “Polish”
A "rewrite" makes significant changes to the plot or the interrelationship of characters. A "polish" makes changes to the dialogue, formatting, or scene descriptions, but not to the level of a rewrite.
Script Reader (Directors, Producers and Studios Only)
Just need a reader for potential scripts? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote.
Movie Novelizations/Tie-Ins (Producers and Studios Only)
The reverse process of adaptation, utilizing the screenplay to develop and write the story into a full-length novel that complements and expands the film’s universe. Contact email@example.com for a custom quote.
Literary Executive, Silver Heart Productions
Executive Producer, Solomon (2019), Valiant Films
Grant Writer, Winter Film Awards
Member, Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP)
Member, Community of Literary Magazines & Presses
Co-Founder, Willow Books
Member, Alliance for Women Film Composers (AWFC)
Terms and Conditions:
1. All services (with the exception of the Adaptation Assessment) will be outlined in a signed contract.
2. Adaptation Assessment Fee is nonrefundable.
3. The full Adaptation Service is 50% refundable upon approval of written cancellation request.
4. AUXmedia LLC and its owners, affiliates and assigns are not liable for any loss or damage, perceived or otherwise and in no way guarantees any project’s success.
5. Mailed hardcopy editions will not be returned.
6. Confidentiality Statement: Due to the volume of material I read, there are occasions where I have read material with similar ideas. Most of the time, there are major differences in execution. By submitting your book, script or idea, you do so with the knowledge that it is not uncommon for writers to have similar ideas that parallel development within the film and TV industry and that similarities between your script/idea and any other script/idea are purely coincidental.